Saints Peter and Paul
29 June 2003
Praise be Jesus Christ! Now and forever!
Dear Friends in Christ,
I became the sixteenth pastor of St. Mary’s Church two years ago on 28 June 2001, and as I begin my third year of service here, I thank all of you for your many kindnesses to me. In these twenty-four months we have:
- Restored our magnificent little church.
- Celebrated our sesquicentennial anniversary.
- Expanded our professional staff to respond to the many needs of the parish family.
- Inaugurated new forms of adult education.
- Crafted an extraordinary program of sacred liturgy and sacred music.
- Continued to improve one of the finest Catholic schools anywhere.
- Dramatically improved the appearance of our campus.
- Conducted a successful capital campaign while also raising ongoing contributions.
- And increased the number of parishioners by 20%.
I am supremely grateful for the generosity and dedication of everyone involved in these accomplishments, and based on this record, I look to the future with great confidence in what we can do together. In the next weeks and months, look for:
- New members for the Pastoral and Finance Councils.
- The beginning of several new parish committees to bring alive our many apostolates with the work of scores of hands.
- The continuation of our capital campaign to expand the parish campus and make room for future growth.
- The launching of an integrated program of Stewardship and Development for the church and school.
- A completely new parish website and newsletter….and new programs of adult education and discipleship training.
The single goal of everything we do at St. Mary’s is to make disciples of all nations, beginning with ourselves. May the LORD prosper the works of our hands!